Category Archives: Uncategorized
So. Sod ‘em. Take your toys, take your tax base, take your services and go somewhere that they’ll not be the centrepiece of a barbeque that erupts the next time someone gets a case of the red arse.
Here’s the evidence, here are the relevant statutes and an explanation of one following a Supreme Court decision. Feel free to match witness testimony, physical evidence and an applicable statute showing a criminal act and post it in the comments.
Expect this study to get buried fairly quickly as it does not fit the narrative. Some quick highlights:
- “Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”
- “violent crimes, including homicides specifically, have declined in the past five years,” [Note CCW and gun ownership have gone up at the same time]
- “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”
- “Most felons report obtaining the majority of their firearms from informal sources,”
- “stolen guns account for only a small percentage of guns used by convicted criminals.”
- The majority of firearm deaths are from suicide, not homicide
- “whether gun restrictions reduce firearm-related violence is an unresolved issue,” and that there is no evidence “that passage of right-to-carry laws decrease or increase violence crime.” It also stated that proposed “gun turn-in programs are ineffective.”
The report goes on to advocate smart gun technology, which will be problematic at best.
Overall this report has the potential to make things much more difficult on anti-rights activists. Expect them to ignore it and try to bury it.
Basically after the Sheriff decided not to appeal the decision declaring “May Issue” CCW Licensing schemes unconstitutional the State of California and the anti-rights activists at the Brady Campaign tried to get involved. The court just told them to buzz off.
Expect “May Issue” to hit the Supreme Court very soon.
While we are winning we still face an uphill battle. Attitudes like this one displayed by a DC Police Employee will need to be changed. We must get out there and fill in the gaps or replace outright lies spread by educators in this country with the truth. Do to otherwise is to risk loosing our freedoms.
For those of you who missed it I-594 is a law that was passed under the auspices of being a simple innocent mandatory background check law that was really a draconian scheme to make it easy for gun owners to become felons. Even the simple act of letting a friend hold one of your guns can make you a felon now. This protest is to illustrate the absurdity of the measure and if authorities choose to enforce the law set up a court challenge.